Thanks to the Embassy of Ukraine in Kingdom of Belgium we had opportunity to host a meeting with Viktor Yushchenko on the Belgian Platform "Peace for Ukraine" on February, 20 2015
Pictures and video by Maxim Efimov at Promote Ukraine in Antwerp on 20/02/2005
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PlatformBelgium
On Tuesday 13 May 2014, on the initiative of Pax Christi Flanders and Platform Solidarity, different organisations gathered to share their concern over the escalating situation in Ukraine. Around the table were both Flemish organisations, namely Women in Black Leuven, Vrede (Peace) and Pax Christi Flanders, as organisations from migrant communities, namely Barvinok, Promote Ukraine, Polonia, Magas, Belarussian Centre, Chechen World Congress and Platform Solidarity.
Vision of the Platform:
Participants have common vision of a negotiated solution on the basis of respect, the openness to listen and non-violence
Mission of the Platform:
- raising awareness with the Belgian political level, the media and society
- showing solidarity with citizens, organisations and movements, that are equally against war, in Ukraine and Russia, but also in neighbouring countries
- building bridges between people in Ukraine and Russia, and between their communities in Belgium
- supporting organisations and politicians in Ukraine in their aspirations to solve the conflict themselves in the perspective of a sustainable, inclusive solution
- asking our politicians on Flemish, federal and European level to undertake actions and initiatives in favour of peace in Ukraine
Letter to ambassors who participate in Russian days at the embassy of Russia in Belgium
On 27 November the meeting of the Platform was held. We discussed methodology of our work; the future conference as well as concrete help to Ukraine.
On 22 October Director of Amnesty International Vlaanderen Karen Moeskops will join the Platform to share her experience on the trip to Ukraine and to Russia in August-September 2014
PRESENTATION OF THE PLATFORM
ON 4 JULY 2014 IN ANTWERP
The platform was presented to more than 50 people of different nationalities: Ukrainians, Belgians, Polish, Chechens, Belorussians etc. Among them were Wim Coudenys - lecturer of the University Leuven, Maya Stepien - Belgian polititian, as well as Heads of the different Belgian and Dutch NGOs.
There was discussion with the member of Euromaidan SOS Alisa Aleksandra Novitchkova and with the adviser of the Minister of Culture Yulia Marushevska, several activists from Russia also joined the meeting through Skype.
See Report of Pax Christi Vlaanderen on the event at http://www.paxchristi.be/2014/07/oekraiense-en-russische-activisten-vragen-onze-steun/
Bank account: BE 65001728122896
Promote Ukraine VZW, Relegem, Belgium
NGO Promote Ukraine Copyright 2014