The development of military-political cooperation between Kyiv and Ankara in the Quadriga format and the implementation of large-scale economic projects strengthen not only Ukraine and Turkey but the security of the Black Sea region in general.
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Dmytro Kuleba made a corresponding statement.
Among the regional alliances and new international formats of Ukraine, which include the Lublin Triangle, the Associated Trio, and the Crimea Platform, the Quadriga format with Turkey has the most pronounced security dimension, the minister noted.
Kuleba summed up the results of talks with Minister of Foreign Affairs of Turkey Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu held in Lviv on 7-8 October:
- The Strategic Partnership Council chaired by the presidents of Ukraine and Turkey will take place in Kyiv in early 2022
- The Quadriga format meeting will take place in Ankara in December 2021
- Ukraine and Turkey will hold meetings of the Joint Commission on Trade and Economic Cooperation by the end of 2021
- Turkey is ready to cooperate with Ukraine to attract new countries to the Crimea Platform
- Ministers signed a plan of consultations between the ministries of foreign affairs for 2022-2023
- Ministers agreed to establish a joint Ukraine–Turkey Commission for Historical Research under the auspices of the foreign ministers.
As part of the Quadriga format, Ukraine and Turkey will consider the possibility of implementation of large-scale joint projects in aircraft construction using the capacity of the State Enterprise “Antonov.” The meeting in Ankara will also address the further development of military-technical cooperation in the production of Bayraktar drones.
“Ukraine and Turkey act as two powerful partners who strengthen each other. We combine unique Ukrainian engine production technologies and Turkish drone production technologies to create the perfect Bayraktar vehicles,” Kuleba said.
The minister reminded that Ukraine and Turkey were moving towards the establishment of testing, training and service centers, and the production of Bayraktar drones in Ukraine.