Officers of the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) found three caches belonging to members of illegal armed formations in the Luhansk region. In particular, damaging agents of the Smerch multiple rocket launcher and more than 30 kg of explosives were seized.
In a cache set up in a forest near the village of Ternove, Starobilsk district, the SBU officers found:
- Seven damaging agents of the Smerch multiple rocket launcher, which contain almost 10 kg of hexogen
- Twelve RGD-5 and F-1 grenades
According to preliminary data, the cache was made by members of illegal armed formations after the shelling of positions of the anti-terrorist operation forces in 2014.
From another cache, which was built into the wall of an abandoned building near the village of Krynychky in the same district, the following items were seized:
- Twenty kilograms of TNT
- RPG-22 grenade launcher
- Five combat grenades
- Three rocket-propelled grenades
- More than 200 cartridges
Another cache, found in a forest near an enterprise in the town of Rubizhne, contained:
- Six RPG-26 anti-tank grenades
- Nine TNT demolition slabs for a total weight of 2 kg
- Three MON-50 anti-personnel mines
- 43 RKG, F-1 and RGD-5 grenades with fuses
- One package of semtex-type explosive
- Fulminating detonator
- Illuminating flares
The information about the establishment of one of the caches by a sabotage and reconnaissance group of militants, who may have been involved in the explosion of two bridges in the villages of Pidhorivka and Yevsuh in July 2014, is being checked.