The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine endorsed the main national vectors of financial monitoring development for the next three years. They provide for the improvement of national anti-money laundering system in accordance with international standards.
The measures will concern:
– Improvement of financial monitoring legislation.
– Improvement of activities of subjects of state financial monitoring and other agencies.
– Increase in efficiency of law enforcement and other government agencies.
– Openness of information about the ultimate beneficial owners of legal entities.
– International cooperation on prevention and counteraction, etc.
It should be noted that money laundering is considered a criminal offence in the criminal law of many countries and especially in the criminal codes of the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Switzerland, and Poland.